Sugar-free minimalist Hot Cross Buns

| | 0 commentaires






Love Song by Rainer Maria Rilke

How shall I hold on to my soul, so that
it does not touch yours? How shall I lift
it gently up over you on to other things?
I would so very much like to tuck it away
among long lost objects in the dark 
in some quiet unknown place, somewhere 
which remains motionless when your depths resound.
And yet everything which touches us, you and me,
takes us together like a single bow,
drawing out from two strings but one voice.
On which instrument are we strung?
And which violinist holds us in the hand?
O sweetest of songs.







I don't have much time to write a long post but I'd like to share some link love :

- this artist (Agostino Arrivabene) I've recently discovered (I'm pretty new to the contemporary art appreciation circle): I especially like his paintings

- the I Quit Sugar smoothie e-book : they have some serious green smoothies, like really green, I love those which are fructose-free (with a "very negligible amount of fructose"). The vanilla Ice Refresher is my fave. Also, coco-buckini clusters! Enough said!

- these Spicy Chickpeas Flatbreads (without the eggs) : making them this coming week (never enough chickpeas...) to use the chickpeas I've set aside from making the following :

- chocolate mousse from chickpea brine! Yes you read right. You can actually beat up chickpea brine and it acts exactly (exactly) like whipped white eggs. Magic. Quite the Revolution in the French plant-based world. Here's a recipe in English.

- considering buying these organic cotton Mediterranean shoes : Veja is an ethical French brand. I used to own a pair but worn them out. They buy cotton from 320 families in Brazil who live from organic small scale farming and produce sustainable rubber. They're certified fair-trade and organic.


I don't know how to convince you to make these Hot Cross Buns. They're very minimalist and very far from the traditional ones : no bake, no sugar, no raisins... But they're so worth it! The texture is very light and airy like a brioche (thanks coconut flour!), but moister, and they're full of flavour from the zests and spices. Plus completely sugar-free! 

Sugar-free Hot Cross Buns

230 g sweet potato purée
40 g coconut oil
20-25 g coconut flour
zest from one lemon
zest from 1/2 orange
ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg (to taste)
5 drops both of orange and lemon essential oils, optional
blanched almond butter, to make the cross

Combine sweet potato purée and melted coconut oil. If you've just puréed your sweet potato you won't need to melt the oil. Add the zests, the different spices and essential oils if you use them. Mix well. Fold in 20 g of coconut flour, mix well and let cool for 15 minutes in the fridge. Take out the fridge and test if you can roll the dough into balls. If it's too soft, add 5 g coconut flour.
Form 3 brioche-like balls and place them on a plate. Make a cross with almond butter using a small spoon. Best kept in the fridge but take them out 15 minutes before serving. 


0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Rechercher

 
Instagram Strava