Cauliflower mash + tamari mushrooms

| | 0 commentaires





"Do not feel lonely. The universe is inside of you" 


Rumi






I haven't been really great at life lately. My anxiety has kicked back tenfold, with absolutely no reasons (and yet every reason...) and it has been hard for me to cope and keep myself rooted. Astronomy serves perfectly as a humble (yet so mighty) reminder that my life is ok and to trust nature so I've been watching the Cosmos series non-stop, and reading some (soft) astronomy magazines all day long and I think I might watch this video every time I feel down from now on : "Yes we are part of this universe, we are in this universe but perhaps more important than both of those facts is that the universe is in us". Neil deGrasse Tyson and his universe-oriented fellows (below) really got it right : it resonates so well with what I believe in : Life. There is one thing I've always said is that I believe in life, that it should be protected and revered (number one reason why I'm vegan by the way) and each time someones asks about my ankh necklace, I am reminded that I should live (!) by it far more often!

Other words to abide by :

"The cosmos is also within us. We're made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan

"You are not separate from the whole. You are one with the sun, the earth, the air. You don't have a life. You are life."
"You are not in the universe, you are the universe, an intrinsic part of it. Ultimately, you are not a person, but a focal point where the universe is becoming conscious of itself. What an amazing miracle." - Echkart Tolle
(I have just finished A New Earth by Tolle and will get back to you with a review!)



A meal that I have enjoyed a lot lately is mash, any kind of veg mash, topped with more vegetables. I'm sharing with you this cauliflower mash + tamari mushrooms recipe because every one in my family likes it. The flavours are really simple, just what I like best. The key ingredient in the mash is the tahini as it makes it so creamy. I guess you could use any nut or seed butter (almond is nice) or leave it out altogether (but it makes the dish less nutritious).

Other mashtastic ideas include :
- parnsip mash + roasted beetroot + walnuts
- celeriac mash + roasted pumpkin + spinach
- broccoli mash + carrots + paprika chickpeas
- sweet potato mash + black beans + avocado


Cauliflower mash + tamari mushrooms
(vegan, grain-free)
(for two)


For the mash:
350-400 g cauliflower
25 g tahini
125 ml plant milk (I used almond)
pepper
salt (very optional)

Break the cauliflower into florets. Steam for about 12-15 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to your food processor fitted with the S blade. Process with tahini and milk until well blended. Adjust milk to reach desired consistency (125 ml milk makes a thick mash). Add pepper to taste. I don't add salt as the mushrooms are quite high on sodium. If you plan to eat the mash alone, add salt.



For the mushrooms:
350 g mushrooms
75 ml dry white wine
20 ml tamari
1 garlic clove, crushed
75-100 ml water
5 g arrowroot powder

Cook the mushrooms with the garlic according to your preference. I like to steam them as well. Transfer them into a saucepan, pour in the wine, tamari and water and bring to a boil, mixing well. Cook another 5 minutes on low heat. In a small bowl, combine arrowroot powder with a little water, making sure there are no lumps. Add to the mushrooms and cook on low heat until it thickens.
Serve with cauliflower mash.








Purée de chou-fleur + champignons au tamari
(végétalien, sans céréales)
(pour deux personnes)

Pour la purée:
350-400 g chou-fleur
25 g tahini
125 ml lait végétal (J'ai utilisé du lait d'amande)
poivre
sel (facultatif)

Faire cuire les fleurettes de chou-fleur à la vapeur pendant 12-15 minutes. Laisser refroidir quelques minutes, puis les mettre dans le bol du robot avec la lame S. Mixer avec le tahini et le lait pour le réduire en purée. Ajouter un peu de lait si nécessaire pour obtenir la consistance préférée (125 ml de lait pour une purée épaisse). Poivrer et ajouter le sel (si utilisé, les champignons sont plutôt salés).



Pour les champignons:
350 g champignons
75 ml vin blanc sec
20 ml tamari
1 gousse d'ail écrasée
75-100 ml eau
5 g arrowroot

Faire cuir les champignons avec l'ail : j'aime les faire cuire à la vapeur également. Mettre dans une casserole, verser le vin blanc, le tamari et l'eau et porter à ébullition, en mélangeant bien. Cuire 5 minutes. Dans un petit bol, diluer l'arrowroot dans un fond d'eau, en faisant attention à ce qu'il n'y ait pas de grumeaux. Ajouter aux champignons et laisser épaissir quelques minutes, en mélangeant bien. Servir avec la purée.



0 commentaires:

Post a Comment

Rechercher

 
Instagram Strava