| | 1 commentaires



I've got a problem controlling myself around beeroots. I eat beetroot all year long. Cooked or raw. I am a beetroot freak. I like its earthy taste and the stains I get on my fingers when I peel some. More beetroot recipes to come (pink pizza dough! soup!). If you don't like beetroot (gasp!), you can make the risotto with mushrooms instead (yum!).

The Beetroot freak risotto

(vegan, gluten free)

320 g Arborio (or Carnaroli) rice
1 onion, diced
1 L vegetable stock
10 cL olive oil
25 cL white wine
350 g  beetroot, cooked
salt, pepper

In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and sautée the onion. Add the rice and cook, on a low heat, until it becomes translucent.
Add the white wine and let it simmer for a few minutes. Add 200mL of stock, still on low heat and stir until the liquid has been absorbed. Repeat with another 200mL until you run out of stock (literally). It usually takes about 18 min. The rice should be al dente and creamy. At this point, turn off the heat. Add the beetroot, either pureed or grated, and the seasonings to taste. Cover the pan and let it sit for 2 minutes.
The risotto should be served immediately, so say the Italians.

1 commentaires:

Rechercher

 
Instagram Strava